Trinity United Methodist Church at E. 18th Ave. and Broadway in Denver, Colorado, was built in 1887 under the direction of Henry Augustus Buchtel, later chancellor of the University of Denver and Governor of Colorado, and added to the National Register in 1970. Frederick Albert Hale (1855–1934) assisted architect Robert S. Roeschlaub (1843–1923) in the design of the gothic structure.
Intricately carved Castle Rock rhyolite (formed by compressed hot volcanic ash) was used around windows and at the roofline. Decorative turrets flank the central gabled roof, and the square tower at the northwest corner has an elaborately carved cornice featuring a female’s head and stylized foliage. Rhyolite can be smooth-cut, carved with ornamental details, or rusticated—all three of which were used in construction of the house of worship. The majority of the church has gray or pinkish-colored stone, while buff-colored stone was used as an accent. The large nave seats 1,200 to 1,300 people, and a pipe organ designed by G.A. Audsley of London and built by Hilborne Roosevelt of New York, one of only 12 known Roosevelt pipe organs in the country.
Arapahoe Roofing and Sheet Metal replaced the roof of Trinity Methodist Church.